Meet Dr. Adam Ingrao...
Adam is a proud fourth generation US Army veteran and the resident insect expert at Bee Wise Farms where he manages all aspects of Bee Wise's beekeeping operation and sustainable pest management program. As an entomologist at Michigan State University Extension, Adam runs the Heroes to Hives program, the largest beekeeping education program for veterans in the US (a program Lacey and Adam founded at Bee Wise Farms in 2015 that's trained over 400 veterans in the art and science of beekeeping).
Additionally, Adam has been a key figure in advocating for AG. training programs for veterans at local, state and national levels, including giving official testimonies to the MI Legislature and US Senate. His advocacy work for farmer veterans also includes being the founder and former director of the Michigan Food and Farming Systems' Vets in Ag Network and the Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan. He holds a BS in Agriculture and Plant Science from California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) and a PhD in Entomology from Michigan State University. Passions include: Nature, family, insects, working with fellow veterans, and of course farming!
Meet Lacey Ann Ingrao...
While Lacey is a native Californian she has truly made a home here in Michigan. The ever changing seasons keep her excited for the months to come and the downtime during winter allows restored energy to push hard during the farming seasons.
Lacey hold a M.A. degree in Transpersonal Psychology, with a concentration in Eco-psychology from Naropa University. As an Eco-psychologist her breadth of knowledge includes nature-based therapies, edible landscape creation, transitions and rites of passage, and mindfulness in Nature.
It's from her own physical challenges at an early age that Lacey began practicing yoga in 2000 and has been sharing it with others ever since. After being certified, Lacey began guiding yoga and movement practicing in 2007. Yoga was the catalyst for a life in alternative forms of health, wellness and food access.
Lacey enjoys her life, like she enjoys the weather...ever changing. Which is why she often find herself involved in a variety of projects. Below are a few of the project she currently invests in.
- Michigan Family Farms Conference- Planning Member. Conference coordination hosted through Michigan Food Farming Systems (MIFFS), a non-profit organization providing services, education, and resources to beginning and historically underserved farmers.
- Transpersonal Wellness Coach: discover boundaries, identify patterns, explore what your spirit desires and live a life that serves you and your community best.
- Farmer. Beekeeping. Creator of varietal honey and value added products, with the bees of course.
- Lavender and cut flower producer.
- Ordained Minister: Come get married when the lavender is in bloom (best time: late July- early August)
- Yoga/movement Instructor: Currently teaching online classes. Check out Mindful Movement for more details.
The natural world has so much to tell us about ourselves and how we build and maintain relationships. Join us on the farm to create, to restore, to build, to learn. There are so many possibilities at Bee Wise Farms. We look forward to sharing them with you.