On Farm Experiences
EXPERIENCING ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM EARLY JUNE- LATE AUGUST
This one-of-a-kind experience is for individuals interested in getting up close with our honey bees. This one hour experience will start just outside the bee yard as you learn about honey bee history in Michigan and get introduced to our operation. Next, we get ready with face veils and smokers, and enter the bee yard where you will get to experience the inner workings of a colony of honey bees. You will be guided by Dr. Adam as we open up a colony and investigate all internal components (including the queen, young bees, drones, brood, bee bread and honey) and let you handle a frames of bees (pictures are encouraged). We will wrap up the session with a honey tasting and discussion about the floral resources that make Bee Wise Farms’ honey unique. Truly a unique experience for anyone fascinated by honey bees. Age admitted 18+. No children.
- $65 per participant
- Min. 2 participants
- Max. 6 participants
- Approximately 1 Hour
- Before purchase, call or email us to make sure we are available.
THE FAMILY BEE EXPERIENCE
We offer opportunities for the whole family. Come get into the bees together! Here are a few things to know about our family experiences.
- We charge the same price per person but the activities are tailored to youth as a group.
- No children admitted under 5 years of age.
- We have an observation hive for the little ones to enjoy.
- For 1-3 youth, at least one adult must also register for the class.
- You must still parent your children. This is not a drop off your children off and leave experience.
- Clothing is most important. Pants, long sleeves, and closed toe shoes will be required.
- We have veils for adults and youth.
- Waivers are required for all participants.
- Please contact us directly for more information on family experiences.
Bee Wise Farms is a fully integrated small farm that focuses on diversity and all natural production methods. We have around 300 lavender plants and four varieties of lavender growing in the U.P and always increasing. Current varieties we'll cover include: Hidcote, Phenomenal, Grosso, & Munstead. This workshop is perfect for visitors to the UP looking for connection based experiences, for those looking to get into growing small or large production lavender, or for those looking for a new and unique experience. You will be guided by Lacey for approximately 2 hours of actively working with lavender. We will discuss growing varieties, harvesting and uses for this wonderfully beneficial plant. At the end of the workshop, we will sit together to enjoy a lavender refreshment. Lacey has been growing lavender for over 20 years from the coast of California to the far north of Michigan and she is excited to talk all things lavender.