On Farm Experiences
This 20 minute walking tour includes a short history of Bee Wise Farms, information on our Lavender and cut flower production and a stroll through the forest for some wild harvesting (when seasonally available) and honey bee viewing. We will finish our tour at Bee Wise Farms, Farm Store to enjoy some farm fresh tea.
A unique experience for those traveling through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and looking for a fun activity while exploring.
- Max 10 participants per tour. All ages welcome.
- When purchasing, please provide the date you wish you visit in the notes section.
- Best Practice: Give us at least 48 hours notice when purchasing or call first to check availability.
- We do not guarantee same day tours and your money will be returned if we can not accommodate your date/time.
- Once registered, we will be in contact about your anticipated date/time of arrival
- $15 per person
This one-of-a-kind experience is for individuals interested in getting up close with our honey bees. This one hour experience will start just outside the bee yard as you learn about honey bee history in Michigan and get introduced to our operation. Next, we get ready with face veils and smokers, and enter the bee yard where you will get to experience the inner workings of a colony of honey bees. You will be guided by Dr. Adam as we open up a colony and investigate all internal components (including the queen, young bees, drones, brood, bee bread and honey) and let you handle a frames of bees (pictures are encouraged). We will wrap up the session with a honey tasting and discussion about the floral resources that make Bee Wise Farms’ honey unique. Truly a unique experience for anyone fascinated by honey bees. Age admitted 18+. No children. Max 6 Participants
- $60 for 1 person
- $40 for each additional person
We do offer opportunities for families to get into the bees as well. Here are a few things to know about family experiences.
- We charge the same price per person but the activities are tailored to youth as a group.
- No children admitted under 5 years of age.
- We have an observation hive for the little ones to enjoy.
- At least one adult must also register for the class.
- You must still parent your children. This is not a drop off and leave experience.
- Clothing is most important. Pants, long sleeves, and closed toe shoes will be required.
- We have veils for adults and youth.
- Please contact us directly for more information on family experiences.